Looking for something to do? Grimes has your back with green screen shots from “You’ll Miss Me When I’m Not Around” and encourages fans to make their own. Read artist post in entirety below, her latest Miss Anthropocene is available on all platforms – https://grimes.ffm.to/missanthropocene
we shot 5 of these greenscreen “lyric videos” so we could have visuals for the album (doing our regular intensive videos in my state didn’t seem super wise etc etc)
But obvs w delete forever we started messing around in post and making better stuff than we thought we could.
Because we’re all in lockdown we thought if people are bored and wanna learn new things, we could release the raw components of one of these for anyone who wants to try making stuff using our footage. 🪐🐖🪐
below is a we-transfer file with
– the “you’ll miss me when I’m not around” greenscreen footage, some shorter snippets (might be easier to mess around with but feel free to cut up master file however, make gifs, whatevs).
– stems for the song if you wanna mess around wit audio (and some native inst tools are included). + single art etc.
– Starting April 8th Native Instruments is offering free 1 month http://sounds.com subscription and/or $25 NI Store Voucher (TBC) for remixing and some other bonus audio stuff (like, One randomly selected participant will get Komplete 12)
– We’re also working on securing free short term access to the visual tools we use (keep u posted).
– So basically, just a bunch of tools for anyone who wants to use them 💕🎮
(This is how we made delete forever if your interested).
Anyway we were inspired by all the amazing art that gets sent our way,
So hoping some of these things are of use when the days are long and lonely.
Anyway, I hope everybodies doing ok!
Ps other tools we’ve enjoyed using are:
Blender (free online!) (And FYI – Blender can do all the compositing and tracking needed to make stuff )
Adobe suite (for editing and stuff)
Daz 3D (what we use to make @Warnymph)
We’re always down for recommendations too if u guys have any
GRIMES ART KIT
1. Download files below
2. Import the Grimes Art Kit assets into your preferred software
3. Use art kit assets to create art
4. Upload your version to YouTube with “You’ll Miss Me When I’m Not Around” in the title and include #GrimesArtKit in the description. All uploads using the song will be automatically approved.
5. Share your video on Twitter and include @Grimezsz and #GrimesArtKit. You can also share on Instagram by tagging @Grimes and including #GrimesArtKit.
Grimes will be sharing some of her favorites on her social media channels.
ART KIT DOWNLOAD LINKS
Also, WeTransfer is giving out some free 3 month pro accounts – http://we.tl/grimes
– Team Grimes