On your marks… get set… PARTY! Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is now available on the Nintendo Switch in the Americas, and if you’re eager to try out what The Onion calls “the final video game,” we invite you to try out a free demo available today on the Nintendo eShop.
Dive into a selection of 3D and classic 2D events that can be enjoyed by yourself or with friends and family in local multiplayer, giving you just a taste of what the full game has to offer. Featuring Mario, Sonic, and a cast of iconic characters, settle scores and stand tall on the podium with bragging rights in this all-star celebration.
What you need to know about Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020:
- A Bountiful Medley of Events for your Party: Skateboard,surf,and race your way to the top of the podium! With more than 30 events to master in this fun-filled Olympic Games showdown, there are plenty of ways to prove your skills to your friends in local and online multiplayer.
- Party On with Dream Events: Dream Events deliver a layer of fantastical chaos. Zip through a downhill obstacle course on your hoverboard, throwdown for territorial control with lightning-fast karate action, or smash the most targets inside a traditional Japanese manor!
- So Many Ways to Play*: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of Joy-Con controllers to your advantage either solo or in local split-screen and online multiplayer, delivering fun for all ages and groups.
- Brand New Story: Help Mario and Sonic escape from a 2D-themed console, the “Tokyo ’64,” hatched as part of Dr. Eggman’s and Bowser’s nefarious plans to trap the colorful and capable power pair.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: The gang’s all here! Play as Mario, Sonic, and a star-studded cast of your favorite SEGA and Nintendo characters!
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 is now available exclusively for the Nintendo Switch in the Americas for $59.99 USD and Europe (with commensurate pricing). For more information, including where you can purchase the game, be sure to visit the official website.