"The Secret Life of Freddie Mercury...& Other Rock Legends"
The wildly successful biopic Bohemian Rhapsody has been slammed by critics for factual inaccuracies and its controversial portrayal of Rock star Freddie Mercury. But how can we really know about the Queen front man unless we know how he lived? In Rock Stars at Home [Apollo Publishers, January 15, 2019], we get an exclusive look inside Mercury’s London home, Garden Lodge. Readers are taken behind his impressive towering wall and beyond the “rotating anti-climb blades” to learn about his very private life during his final years. Filled with stunning images and exclusive information from top Rock Music journalists, you’ll also find:
- A grand tour Freddie Mercury’s home, and the homes of other rock legends—including David Bowie, Elvis Presley, the Beatles, the Jacksons, and Prince
- The stark contrast between the outside of Garden Lodge and its exquisite inner furnishings
- Inside accounts and eye-opening stories of wild behavior—and even wilder interior décor
- The scene of the famous 1967 drug busts that led to the arrests of Keith Richards and Mick Jagger
- How Rock Star homes have evolved—from the Beatles’ psychedelic interiors to the modern, extravagant lifestyles of the MTV Cribs generation