Have you ever imagined a place where Vulcans and vampires get along? Where wizards and wookies can be themselves? Welcome to Comic-Con San Diego. What started as a fringe comic book convention for 500 fans has grown into the pop culture event of the year that influences every form of entertainment, now attended by over 140,000 strong.
COMIC-CON EPISODE IV: A FAN’S HOPE- a film by Morgan Spurlock explores this amazing cultural phenomenon by following the lives of five attendees as they descend upon the ultimate geek mecca at San Diego Comic-Con 2010:
- Eric, an aspiring illustrator, is hoping to impress publishers and land a job;
- Holly, costume and creature designer, hopes her creations will win the big prize;
- Chuck, a long-time comic book dealer, is looking for a big sale to pay off his debts;
- Skip, longtime amateur illustrator wants to be discovered at this year’s event;
- James, a young fan, hopes his girlfriend will accept a dramatic proposal.