Ash of Gods is a turn-based RPG featuring constantly evolving storytelling with risks that truly affect gameplay, along with an extensive online PvP mode. The game features a story based on the complexity and ambiguity of moral choice where any of the characters in game can die. Momentary benefits may cost a character a life, while sacrifice will make the walkthrough of one of following episodes easier. Ash of Gods features a mix of gorgeous art, lush music, tactical combat, and a powerful story that plays out via dialogue driven layer interaction. Depending upon a player’s decisions, no two play-throughs of the game will be the same.
The relentless, and some say soulless, Reapers, are just one of the many challenges players will face in Ash of Gods, the story-driven tactical RPG coming to PC this March. Today, developer AurumDust brings you a brief overview of the “worst” three of their kind – Dorpal, Atraa, and Adna. Thes villains are far from mindless killing machines, and their story will be intertwined with yours as you explore Terminum and create a unique story in the game.
- “Roguelike” Storytelling: The dialogue choices you make, journey paths you choose, and battles you fight truly affect the story and the world around you.
- PvP and PvE Multiplayer Modes: Live through the story and top the global ratings with your characters in the multiplayer mode. Unlock new characters and cards and upgrade them to build your own unique strategy and tactics.
- Intelligent AI Functionality: that constantly learns from playing against you. No single tactic or formation will win against an AI that learns your playstyle!
- Meticulously Hand-Drawn Graphics: Visual stylings of the game are inspired by the work of Ralph Bakshi, old-school Disney cartoons and the Soviet animation studio “Soyuzmultfilm” of the 1960’s. Character animation in combat scenes are based on live actors’ motion capture.
- New Approach to Tactical Strategy: A mix of turn-based strategy and card RPG, where the cards determine your strategy and the characters’ classes determine your tactics on the battlefield
Along with a constantly evolving storyline, players will be treated to a fantastic visual and aural experience, featuring stunning hand-drawn characters and environments, coupled with music from Adam Skorupa, whose previous work includes The Witcher, Bulletstorm, Painkiller, and EVE Online.
Ash of Gods was recently awarded ‘Best Game’ at the Game Gathering conference in Kiev, and previously was awarded ‘Best Game’ and ‘Best Art’ at White Nights Moscow 2017, as well as ‘Excellence in Music’ and ‘Excellence in Narrative’ at DevGamm Minsk 2017.