Triple-I publisher Modus Games and developer Moondrop have released the launch trailer for 2D puzzle platformer, Degrees of Separation, cleverly weaving in the different stages of a relationship amidst a touching narrative.
Embark on a journey in the visually sensational world of Degrees of Separation, launching on Valentine’s Day!
In Degrees of Separation, you’ll follow the story of Ember and Rime, two contrasting souls empowered with the ability to manipulate the puzzle-filled world around them.
Individually – with Ember’s mastery of heat and Rime’s control of cold – their unique affinities allow them to traverse the world in varying ways. Together, however, their powers take on an even greater impact, merging to create controllable gusts of wind, frozen rivers, secret passageways, and many more interactive platforms.
Unleash these powers of hot and cold to solve puzzles and embark on a journey within a beautifully realized, non-linear world as you discover new aspects of Ember and Rime’s relationship.
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Experience beautifully crafted 2D worlds with a deeply immersive art style based on the aspects of contrasting temperatures.
- Innovative Storytelling. Discover the potential of dual protagonists Ember and Rime and follow a complex story by acclaimed video game writer Chris Avellone.
- Environmental Puzzles. Navigate distinct worlds and solve complex puzzles to organically alter situations and surroundings.
- Cooperative Gameplay. Harness the powers of Ember and Rime in both single-player and local cooperative multiplayer. Shortly after launch, long distance relationships will be enabled via an online multiplayer update.
- Non-Linear Levels. Traverse through diverse landscapes that each introduce a new game mechanic, weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character progression.
Join the adventure with a compelling story by acclaimed fantasy writer Chris Avellone and narrated by Kira Buckland, and engage in single-player and cooperative 2D platforming gameplay when Degrees of Separation launches on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam) on February 14th.