Run, punch, and literally force the life force energy from your fists into the bodies of over-muscled thugs. Their bodies will explode. It’s pretty crazy. You can set the blood to mild if it’s too much, but we won’t because it’s launch day and nothing says celebration like a rain of comical chaos.
Also, there’s a pretty deep story in the game. You’ll explore the post-apocalyptic city of Eden, an oasis in a perilous desert filled with danger that just so happens to be your starting point for finding the lost love of your life, Yuria. Their love is one for the ages. It’s a pretty serious story.
If you want to take a break from the drama of love, you can also run your own bar and serve up wasteland cocktails. Or run a health clinic. Or play some Outrun, one of the classic SEGA games included in the actual game. Anyway, there’s a lot to do besides punch your fists, but we suspect you’ll enjoy that part a lot.
Here’s all of the other info and hot tip: during the first two weeks of launch, you can get a free Kiryu skin add-on that lets you play as the Dragon of Kamurocho. It’s wacky and we love it.
Want to see the game in action?
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise Key Features:
- Become the Fist of the North Star – Explore an alternate version of the Fist of the North Star canon; take control of Kenshiro as he searches for his lost love Yuria in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. For anyone unfamiliar with the original story, Lost Paradise can be enjoyed as a completely standalone experience.
- “You’re Already Dead” or “Omae wa Mou Shindeiru?” Why Not Both? – Lost Paradise features English / Japanese dual-track audio, so you can ATATATA!’ in the language of your choosing.
- Master the Hokuto Shinken Style – Kenshiro’s ultimate assassination techniques, the “Hokuto Shinken”, are at your disposal in battle. After building up the Seven Star gauge, you can demolish enemies from the inside out with dozens of brutal and iconic “Hokuto Shinken” techniques, faithfully recreated from the original manga. More lethal techniques will be available as you progress through the story and battles. Keep your fists up!
- Explore a Lost Paradise and the Wasteland Surrounding It – Even Kenshiro needs the occasional break from beating up thugs. Luckily, even in the dilapidated city of Eden, there’s no shortage of engaging side missions and minigames to take part in. Use the power of “Hokuto Shinken” to prepare drinks at a bar, manage a struggling nightclub, customize a buggy and race through the barren desert, play retro games at the arcade or your hideout, including the original Fist of the North Star game, and more! Tired of the city? Head out into the wasteland in your buggy to collect materials and complete side missions, but be careful of hidden dangers lurking beyond the dunes!
- Extra Carnage – Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise features everything available in the original Japanese release, Hokuto Ga Gotoku, plus enhanced carnage for the localized version! For the first time, witness the full effects of Kenshiro’s brutal “Hokuto Shinken” on the lowlifes and thugs of the post-apocalyptic wastes. You can turn extra blood on or off, depending on your playstyle!
Presented by Ryu ga Gotoku Studio, the development team behind the beloved Yakuza series, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is now available on PlayStation 4, giving fans the chance to experience more of Kenshiro’s life as part of an alternate universe of the original series canon.