Legend says that whoever reaches the top of the Yggdrasil tree will have their greatest wish fulfilled. The only problem is that there are plenty of monstrous creatures that call the colossal tree home. It’s up to you to build a guild full of hardy adventurers to slash, stab, punch, burn, freeze, etc… your way towards the prize at the summit. Be warned though, it’ll take the perfect storm of expert dungeon navigation and party composition to make it to the top. Will you become the fabled conqueror of the Yggdrasil tree or a very tasty meal for a very hungry F.O.E.?
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth features:
- A Choose-your-own-odyssey Feel – Starting with the creation of your party to exploring the uncharted labyrinth of the Yggdrasil Tree, Beyond the Myth is all about choosing how your own adventure unfolds. Test your survival skills by wisely navigating the winding floors of Yggdrasil, using shrewd tactics when battling gruesome beasts, making the right decisions during various “scenarios,” and more. To meet these challenges, the home base city of Iorys is ready for all your buying/selling, recruiting, and information-gathering needs!
- Gameplay Fit for a True Pathfinder – It wouldn’t be an Etrian Odyssey game without the life-or-death need to map your progress. For those new to the series, the bottom screen of the 3DS displays a top-down, tile-based map that must be filled out while dungeon crawling. Players can use the map to mark the locations of treasures, doors, enemies, environmental obstructions, and more. Expect the unexpected at every turn–and then make a note on the map so it’s not so unexpected next time!
- Epic Turn-based Battles – There’s a reason why no one has ever reached the top of Yggdrasil. Dangerous creatures and utterly terrying FOEs–high-level mini-bosses, for you newcomers–roam the labyrinth on every floor, so prepare to test your mettle with challenging turn-based battles. Proper planning is a must and balancing strong party composition is absolutely crucial for success. You’ll need the right team to unleash Union Attacks and level the playing field!
- Expanded Character Creation and Customization – With four unique races, 10 distinct classes, more customization options than any previous game in the franchise, and a streamlined skill tree/class advancement, you can shape a party to whatever your heart desires.
- A Magical Art Style and Score – Longtime series illustrator Yuji Himukai and renowned composer Yuzo Koshiro return to add their signature magic to the art and music in the game.
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth is out now physically and digitally for the Nintendo 3DS. The game is priced at $39.99. And for those of you that missed the Demo, you can download it from the Nintendo eShop today. DLC info below..
October 17 (Launch Day!)
- New Explorers 1 ($1.99): School Boy Uniform
- New Explorers 2 ($1.99): School Girl Uniform
- New Explorers 3 ($1.99): Lady’s Sweater
- New Explorers 4 ($1.99): Etrian Odyssey 1 Protector
- New Explorers 5 ($1.99): Etrian Odyssey 1 Medic
- Wizardly Experience Quest ($1.99): Adds a new, repayable quest and an accessory that grants 3x as much EXP gains
- Wizardly Fortune Quest ($1.99): Adds a new, repayable quest and an accessory that raises the enemy drop rate to 100%
- New Explorers 6 ($1.99): Etrian Odyssey 2 Gunner
- FM Synth Arranged Sounds ($4.99): Adds a music player function. Switch the game’s BGM by accessing the music player in the Options menu