Playful's 'New Super Lucky's Tale' Revealed for Nintendo Switch
Playful Studios today announced New Super Lucky’s Tale, a total reimagining of the original 3D adventure platformer Super Lucky’s Tale, during the Nintendo Direct E3 2019 presentation. Coming later this year to Nintendo Switch, NSLT is the definitive Lucky experience, rebuilt from the ground up with revamped content and features to surprise and delight fans while inviting a whole new audience to fall in love with its energetically optimistic hero.
“We always planned to bring Lucky to Nintendo Switch – it’s a fantastic console and the perfect fit for Lucky’s adventures,” said Paul Bettner, founder and CEO of Playful Studios. “But we realized we had a great opportunity to improve on everything that has come before. Led by feedback from our passionate community, New Super Lucky’s Tale is a platforming adventure that measures up to the most beloved games of the genre and the best way to experience Lucky’s story yet.”
New Super Lucky’s Tale begins as Lucky is drawn into the magical Book of Ages, which the Guardian Order has tried to keep safe from the mysterious villain known as Jinx. On his quest to return home, Lucky will discover his own connection to the Guardians, meet a hilarious cast of friends and adversaries, and find the strength to defeat Jinx and his crafty progeny, the Kitty Litter.
What’s new in New Super Lucky’s Tale? Nearly every aspect of the original has been revamped:
- Significant redesigns for most of the game’s levels, with new environments, layouts, puzzles, secrets, quests, creatures, minigames and more, as well as new tutorial sections.
- New and upgraded moves like the slide and enhanced burrow, as well as more precise and responsive controls overall.
- Fully rotatable in-game camera, immensely improving player freedom and exploration.
- New story cinematics, characters and dialogue from start to finish.
- Numerous improvements to the game’s art, lighting, UI, sound, music and more.
E3 attendees can play New Super Lucky’s Tale at Nintendo’s booth in the Los Angeles Convention Center (WEST hall, #4822) now through June 13. Fans everywhere can get an exclusive look at a brand-new level during Nintendo Treehouse Live at 12:30 PT on Wednesday, June 12.