Drinkbox Studios announced today the release of their classic puzzle-platformer, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack on everyone’s favorite portable gaming video game console, the Nintendo Switch, for $9.99.
To make the deal even sweeter, the game will be 30% off for its first two weeks on the eShop. Even better, owners of any Drinkbox Games on Nintendo Switch (Severed, Guacamelee! STCE, Guacamelee! 2) will get up to 40% off!
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is a sci-fi puzzle-platformer of cataclysmic proportions! You’re an ill-tempered blob that grows in size by swallowing everything in its path. Evolve from a tiny captive into a world-eating giant. Gain freakish abilities like magnetism, telekinesis, and rocket boosting. Use your mutant blob powers to devour the pathetic humans and all of civilization!
Key features include:
– 24 levels featuring a wide range of retro, 50’s-inspired environments.
– 5 ‘Tilt-a-Blob’ bonus levels featuring gyroscopic controls.
– Mind-boggling growth! Absorb everything you touch and grow to massive proportions.
– Jump, slam, roll, and rocket through the air! Push and pull your weight against metal! Move objects with telekinesis!
– Touch controls: use touch to manipulate the environment in handheld mode!
– Normal controls: for people who hate touch controls!
– In-game achievements. Can you become the platinum blob!?
Tales from Space: About a Blob (2011) originally launched in February 2012 as a PlayStation Vita launch title to great critical acclaim. It eventually found its way to Xbox 360, PS3 and Steam in the following years, including now a surprise re-release on Nintendo Switch.