The Executioner - "Put Your Affairs in Order"
Lesser Evil Games today announce that the first chapter of their dark RPG The Executioner, which thrusts players into the shoes of a torturer, will be released via Steam on July 17th. Fusing a unique blend of medieval storytelling, sanity management, and the brutal moral conundrums only an executioner could face – this harrowing tale of a man who tortures people for a living will challenge you to face the monster that lives inside of all of us. The decisions are yours, and so are the consequences. As shown in the new teaser trailer, the predominantly text-based adventure promises a dark and unsettling atmosphere in a world filled with moral ambiguity. The Executioner puts you in the shoes of a man who tortures people for a living and has to fight to preserve his own waning sanity. Fusing elements of traditional roleplaying with investigation, exploration and moral decision-making, it invites players to take on the role of an executioner who must seek a signed confession from those he is about to put to death – and there are many means of gaining one, not all of them pleasant. Key Features
- Your own torture chamber – study your victims, find their weak spot, and use your extensive arsenal (or their loved ones) to break them.
- An occult underground – a town filled with rich mysticism built around Medieval artefacts: the Hand of Glory, Mandrake Root, and Tarot Cards.
- A dark economy – a market in dead flesh, with you as the main supplier.
- A walking lie detector – your character’s unique perceptive abilities make him a walking lie detector and opens the door into the occult.
- Staying sane – as a torturer and executioner, you’ll need to constantly manage your sanity to survive in this world.