2K today announced that the Company is partnering with HB Studios to publish The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR, the latest entry in the award-winning golf simulation series. Developed by HB Studios, The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR marks the franchise’s first release featuring the official PGA TOUR license and presents an opportunity, through the new partnership, to deliver the most comprehensive and engaging virtual golf experience to date for the series.
“HB Studios has an established and impressive track record in sports simulation game development, and from its early plans for The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR, we saw significant potential in both the game and future of the franchise,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “With a solid foundation and talented team in place, we’re eager to leverage our collective strengths and make a notable impact for golf and simulation sports enthusiasts everywhere.”
“I’m immensely proud of all the hard work and passion that our team has put into making this game. It’s truly been a labor of love, and I think that’s reflected in the product,” added Alan Bunker, CEO of HB Studios. “We couldn’t be happier to align with 2K and the PGA TOUR to share our passion for golf and sports simulation gameplay with franchise enthusiasts and newcomers worldwide.”
The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR sets a new franchise benchmark for authenticity and realism, including:
- Improved ball physics, swing mechanics, swing feedback and other core gameplay mechanics;
- Unparalleled visual fidelity powered by award-winning and industry-leading SpeedTree technology often used in top blockbuster games and films;
- Overhauled user interface delivering a fresh look and feel.
In addition, for the first time in franchise history, players will experience an officially licensed PGA TOUR Career Mode:
- Players will embark on an authentic journey through Q-School and the Web.com Tour, earning the right to play in a 32-tournament PGA TOUR season;
- Season play includes beautifully precise replicas of PGA TOUR courses that are accurate down to one-meter of resolution of the real-life courses;
- Players will forge rivalries and land sponsorships en route to competing in the FedExCup Playoffs, with the ultimate goal of becoming a FedExCup Champion.
Finally, The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR will now include a robust online multiplayer system for matchmaking and private matches:
- Players will compete on featured courses through matchmaking or chose from any available course for private matches;
- Go head to head or play as a team with friends in any one of six game formats, including the new additions of Skins and Alt-Shot.
The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR is rated PEGI 3 and is available now today for digital download on PS4 system, Xbox One and Windows PC. In addition, physical versions of the game will be available at participating retailers this fall.