Magic Design Studios are thrilled to announce their critically acclaimed action-platformer, Unruly Heroes, will battle its way onto PlayStation 4 May 28th. (Also available for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC)
Set against the backdrop of one of China’s most beloved folk-tales, The Legend of the Monkey King, Unruly Heroes places the player in the shoes of our titular heroes – Wukong the Monkey King, Sanzang the Sleepy Monk, Kihong the Greedy Pig, Sandmonk the Sensitive Brute – as they journey through a beautiful, hand-drawn world facing an ever growing horde of enemies and challenging platforming puzzles.
Your Grandad’s platform game this is not! Unruly Heroes features a simple to pick up, hard to master combat system across all 4 playable characters, evolving game play and surprises galore.
With a background in not just AAA game development but also film, animation and TV, the team at Magic Design Studios bring a wealth of talent, vision and artistry to Unruly Heroes which shines through in every area from art style to character design, combat and animation.
“Journey to the West is a wonderful story, but it’s not widely known in the West.” Yang Lu, CEO of Magic Design Studios & Creative Director of Unruly Heroes commented. “There are elements of the original Chinese folk tale in many popular manga and anime properties but the true origin of the story has generally remained unknown – we wanted to change that.”
– Experience the Legend of the Monkey King solo or cooperatively with up to four players in local gameplay.
– Make the combat more challenging with local and online PvP.
– Kung-Fu fight enemies with a moveset of more than 20 attacks and combos.
– Master the combined strength of the four unique heroes
– Possess your enemies to harness their strengths and abilities.
– Explore a range of different worlds within a colorful fantasy universe platforming, battling enemies and overcoming unexpected mechanics gameplay.
– Capture your exploits with the new photo mode