Republic Records has announced a December 10th release for Don’t Look Up (Soundtrack From the Netflix Film).
The soundtrack includes the brand-new track, “Just Look Up” featuring Ariana Grande and Kid Cudi, who star in the film—and perform the song—as pop music power couple Riley Bina and DJ Chello.
“Just Look Up” was co-written by Ariana Grande, Kid Cudi, 2-time Academy Award-nominated / Emmy winning composer Nicholas Britell and Oscar nominated songwriter Taura Stinson.
Britell (Moonlight, If Beale Street Could Talk, Succession) also produced the soundtrack, composed the score and co-wrote “Second Nature.”
The latter is a brand-new track from 2-time Grammy winners Bon Iver, which Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon penned with Britell.
Both the film’s score and “Just Look Up” were recently recognized by the Hollywood Music In Media Awards with a Best Original Score win for Nicholas Britell and a Best Original Song nod for “Just Look Up.”
“It was a privilege to collaborate with Ariana Grande, Kid Cudi, and Taura Stinson on our song ‘Just Look Up,’ a love song that transforms into a rallying cry, as well as with Justin Vernon on Bon Iver’s original song ‘Second Nature,’” says Britell. “My score runs the gamut from absurdist big band jazz to profound, deeply felt orchestral music. Many of the projects that I’ve worked on with Adam McKay are, in their own way, explorations of tone as a central topic—they’re all a unique blend of gravitas and absurdity with Don’t Look Up capturing a sense of ever-increasing astonishment at how crazy things really are.”
Written and directed by Academy Award winner Adam McKay (The Big Short, Vice), Don’t Look Up follows Kate Dibiasky (Jennifer Lawrence) and Dr. Randall Mindy (Leonardo DiCaprio), two low-level astronomers who make an astounding discovery of a comet orbiting within the solar system. The problem — it’s on a direct collision course with Earth. The other problem? No one really seems to care. Turns out warning mankind about a planet-killer the size of Mount Everest is an inconvenient fact to navigate. With the help of Dr. Oglethorpe (Rob Morgan), Kate and Randall embark on a media tour that takes them from the office of an indifferent President Orlean (Meryl Streep) and her sycophantic son and Chief of Staff, Jason (Jonah Hill), to the airwaves of The Daily Rip, an upbeat morning show hosted by Brie (Cate Blanchett) and Jack (Tyler Perry). With only six months until the comet makes impact, managing the 24-hour news cycle and gaining the attention of the social media obsessed public before it’s too late proves shockingly comical — what will it take to get the world to just look up?!
Don’t Look Up also stars Mark Rylance, Ron Perlman, Timothée Chalamet, Ariana Grande, Scott Mescudi (aka Kid Cudi), Himesh Patel, Melanie Lynskey, Michael Chiklis and Tomer Sisley and releases in select theaters on December 10th and on Netflix December 24th.
Don’t Look Up (Soundtrack From the Netflix Film)
01. Just Look Up – Ariana Grande and Kid Cudi
02. Discovery – Nicholas Britell
03. Ephemeris – Nicholas Britell
04. On Hold – Nicholas Britell
05. The Call – Nicholas Britell
06. C-5 Galaxy – Nicholas Britell
07. Don’t Look Up – Main Title Theme – Nicholas Britell
08. BASH Corporate Ident – “Liif” – Nicholas Britell
09. Hyperobject Approaches – Nicholas Britell
10. My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me – Nicholas Britell
11. The Arrest – Nicholas Britell
12. It’s A Strange Glorious World – Nicholas Britell
13. The Launch – Nicholas Britell
14. The BASH Presentation – Nicholas Britell
15. Kate Goes Home – Nicholas Britell
16. FEMA-BASH Commercial – Nicholas Britell
17. Arrival At The Hangar – Nicholas Britell
18. There Is A Comet – Nicholas Britell
19. The Comet Appears – Nicholas Britell
20. The Prayer For Stuff – Nicholas Britell
21. The BASH Launch – Nicholas Britell
22. Twenty-Four Drones Is Enough – Nicholas Britell
23. It All Comes Down To This – Nicholas Britell
24. Thanksgiving (Overture To Logic And Knowledge) – Nicholas Britell
25. The End? – Nicholas Britell
26. Memento Mori – Nicholas Britell
27. Don’t Look Up – End Credits Suite – Nicholas Britell
28. Logic Waltz In B Major (Bonus Track) – Nicholas Britell
29. Don’t Look Up – Main Title Suite (Bonus Track) – Nicholas Britell
30. Ode To Science (Bonus Track) – Nicholas Britell
31. Second Nature – Bon Iver