Innersloth, Schell Games, and Robot Teddy shared new features coming to Among Us VR. The feature detail trailer debuted as a part of UploadVR’s Summer Showcase during IGN Summer of Gaming, an event full of game announcements, gameplay reveals, and trailers held throughout the month of June. Among Us VR will launch during the 2022 holiday season, and players can now join the Among Us VR Discord server.
Developed from the ground up as a stand-alone experience, Among Us VR provides players with immersive, 360° gameplay full of the beloved features and mechanics found in the original award-winning Among Us. Amidst teamwork and betrayal, crewmates must complete tasks as they wander the Skeld II and keep an eye (or ear) out for the Impostor.
At launch, the VR version of the award-winning multiplayer game will include:
- The Skeld II Map
- A selection of hats to customize Crewmates
- Core Among Us gameplay systems translated to VR, such as tasks, sabotages, emergency meetings, and venting
- Proximity voice chat and Quickchat
- Single and two-handed locomotion modes with nausea-mitigating comfort options
- Localization in eight languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish (LATAM), Chinese (traditional and simplified), Japanese, and Korean