Koch Media and Playcorp announce the release of Beyond Contact. The new PC survival title launches into Early Access on Steam today and will be a live operated game with a focus on empowering the players in the development process.
Beyond Contact is a survival game inspired by the art and style of pulp science-fiction comics, the moral dilemmas of contemporary science-fiction films, and the unforgiving gameplay of survival genre classics. The game features exploration and discovery, a robust system of research and crafting, intuitive base-building, farming, creature feeding, and much more. The game will have narrative-driven objectives to save the planet’s inhabitants, and enough fauna, flora, and extreme weather conditions to challenge even the toughest survival players a thousand times over.
Core Features of Beyond Contact:
- Dynamic 3D Engine: Dynamically diverse, robustly detailed, and unquestionably deadly world, powered by Unity engine, with direct support from Unity.
- Science Fiction Setting: Utilize your Space Corps-issued equipment, weapons, and AtmoSuits to explore the diverse alien environments, discover extraordinary creatures and unusual plants, and eventually come face to face with the ancient civilization of Ketern.
- Robust Research and Crafting: Scan, collect, mine, and scavenge the planet’s exotic materials while utilizing the deep and rewarding research and crafting system to survive and thrive the dying planet and its often aggressive inhabitants.
- Intuitive Base Building and Power Grid System: Build, expand, and defend your base of operations, while pushing the unique power grid system to its limits.
- Narrative Driven Quests and Factional Alien NPCs: Collaborate with alien civilizations, discover previously unknown technology, and uncover the truth of the planet’s demise along your journey to help the locals.